Today’s dads want to be involved in pregnancy and birth more than ever before. In this one-of-a-kind guide, dad, doula and certified lactation counselor, Brian Salmon, and perinatal mental health and relationship expert, Kirsten Brunner, offer practical, modern-day survival tips for expectant dads and birth partners. Based on Salmon’s Rocking Dads childbirth course, this book provides everything dads need to know about supporting their partner through labor, birth, breastfeeding and beyond.
Want to pre-order, and have it arrive on your doorstep on February 2nd? Go to this link! (Brian and I sincerely thank YOU.)
Features & Quotes
Real Simple Magazine – January 2016 Issue “Can I Have Some Peace and Quiet?” By Jennifer King Lindley – Quoted on how to find quiet as a parent of young children. http://pdf-magazine-download.com/29299-real-simple-january-2016.html
The Atlantic Magazine – “Too Afraid to Have a Baby – Stories of Tokophobia” Quoted with Brian the Birth Guy on coping with tokophobia. http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/06/tokophobia/489206/
The Atlantic Magazine – “How to Overcome Your Fear of Giving Birth” Follow up article on coping with anxiety around childbirth – Interviewed on how to overcome the diagnosis of tokophobia and seek help when needed. http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/07/how-to-overcome-your-fear-of-giving-birth/490001/
Woman’s Day Magazine – “Six Surprising Strengths of Introverted Mothers” – Quoted on hidden strengths of introverted parents. http://www.womansday.com/relationships/family-friends/a55765/introvert-parenting/
Washington Post – “Telling Our Kids Not To Be Bullies When We’re Surrounded By Them This Election Season” By Kristin Vanderhey Shaw– Quoted on how to talk to our kids about bullying. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2016/03/11/telling-our-kids-not-to-be-bullies-when-were-surrounded-by-them-this-election-season/?tid=a_inl
Published Articles (In addition to everything on this blog!)
As One Loves: “Ask Kirsten” An advice column for a millennial-focused relationship blog. https://asoneloves.com/category/ask-kirsten/
- How to Survive the Holidays as a Couple
- How to Cure a Technology Addiction
- Where are the Butterflies? Five Ways to Know that Your Relationship is Marriage Material
- How Do We Rebuild Trust after a Break Up?
- What if my Boyfriend Doesn’t Want Kids?
- Why Can’t We Communicate?
- How Do I Get my Emotional Needs Met?
Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/kirsten-brunner
- 6 Survival Tips for Parenting When You’re Sick
- 4 Tips for Parenting When the News is Overwhelming
- 7 Universal Truths Of Parenting A Newborn
- Why You Clash With Your Mother-in-Law and What to Do About It
- 5 Things To Avoid As An Introverted Parents
- Keeping Your Relationship Hydrated
- 5 Things for New Moms to Give Their Husbands
- I Can’t Put My Kids in a Bubble?
- 6 Pieces of Advice for Kate and William (Or Anyone Having a 2nd Chil
- Just Say NO to Holiday Stress
- 35 Sweet Side Effects Of Parenting
- Yes, Parenting IS the Hardest Job
- 3 Ways Labeling Our Child Saved Our Sanity
- 6 Ways Infertility Prepared Me For Parenthood
- So, You’re Not a Baby Person
Scary Mommy: http://www.scarymommy.com/author/kirsten-brunner
- Why A Girl’s Night Out Is Good for Your Marriage
- 4 Tips for Surviving Parenthood as an Introverted Mom
Mamalode: Moms Cry Too http://mamalode.com/writer/735
TODAY Show Parenting Team: http://community.today.com/user/kirsten-brunner-ma-lp
- Happiness, Pre and Post Kid
- Who Am I to Judge?
- Don’t Worry – One Day They Will Sleep!
- The Most Important Step to Teaching Kindness
- The 4 S’s to Setting Resolutions that Stick
- The Best Books Stick in Your Brain
Austin American Statesman 2015 Social Media Awards – Top 10 – http://www.512tech.com/technology/meet-the-2015-statesman-social-media-awards-top/liLOy7hkh7sNxalmheYxrO/
2014 Top Mommy Blogs in Austin http://www.chatterblock.com/articles/630/2014-top-mommy-bloggers-in-austin-tx/
Podcasts & Live Broadcasts
Fourth Trimester Summit: One of 40+ speakers featured in holistic infant care online summit. http://www.fourthtrimestersummit.com/
Postpartum Podcast: http://kelliejoy.com/podcast/kirsten29
HuffPost Live: Featured in live broadcast on how parents can minimize stress during the holidays. http://on.aol.com/video/why-women-tend-to-get-more-stressed-during-the-holidays-552e203ee4b0026285078f7d
The Rocking Dads Podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/ryan-rutan/the-rocking-dads-podcast/e/39978003